Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 1.3.1

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 1.3.1
On 06/03/15 21:28, BitingBird wrote:
> anonym:
>> On 06/03/15 15:34, anonym wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'll be the release manager for Tails 1.3.1, which currently is
>>> scheduled to be released on 2015-04-07 [1]. However, Firefox 37, which
>>> was supposed to ship that date, has been moved up one week, to
>>> 2015-03-31 [2] to not coincide with Easter. I presume that the same goes
>>> for the 31.6.0esr release and hence the next Tor Browser release (which
>>> I've asked about on tbb-dev@ [3]). I'll continue with that assumption,
>>> and that we too will change our release date for Tails 1.3.1 to
>>> 2015-03-31, because otherwise it'll be open season on Tails users for
>>> browser exploits for a week.
>>>
>>> Thoughts? I'll update the calendar [1] if I get an ACK for this new
>>> release date.
>>
>> We just got an ACK that the next Tor Browser will release on 2015-03-31:
>>
>>     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tbb-dev/2015-March/000235.html

> So this is a confirmation that the release date is changed? If so,
> please change the calendar, I'll take care of the milestone in Redmine.
> Please note that the next release is changed too, so our release should
> be rescheduled now too.

I'd like to just have some ACKs from some Tails
developers/contributors/blah first too so I'm not taking this decision
on my own (still, I don't expect any objections, but who know?). Sorry
for not making that clear. It's also a good point that we should
consider moving the 1.4 release date too now.

So, the proposals are to do the following to sync the Tails release
cycles with the Firefox release cycles:

* Move the release date for Tails 1.3.1 to 2015-03-31.

* Move the release date for Tails 1.4 to 2015-05-12.

Any objections to any of these?

Cheers!