Re: [Tails-dev] Macbook Air EFI fixed

Author: intrigeri
To: Alan Kubiak
CC: tails-support, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Macbook Air EFI fixed

the recipients list on reply, and maybe subscribe to tails-support:

Alan Kubiak wrote (06 Mar 2015 01:34:34 GMT) :
> According to your support channel, you recommend a program to install the
> Tails ISO on a USB drive. The recommended program does create a Tails/USB drive but
> it wont boot on a Macbook.

Which exact set of instructions are you talking about? These ones:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/installation/manual/mac/ ?

What's the exact Mac model you are testing with? (that would be
e.g. something like "MacBook Pro 5,1")

> The solution is to use a different program called Rufus 2.0 to create the bootable
> USB drive from the Tails ISO. Simply format as FAT32 and install the ISO from RUFUS.
> When booting from the Mac, just boot the Tails USB drive from the BIOS.

Thanks for this report. Just one more question: did you see Rufus
download syslinux from the Internet during the Tails
installation process? (Our testing on Windows exposed this problem:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7034)