Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] UX for ISO verification + Tails Instal…

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: intrigeri
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] UX for ISO verification + Tails Installer + full upgrades
Hi,

sajolida wrote (03 Mar 2015 15:58:55 GMT) :
> I'm sorry it too so long and we know have to rollback.

I'm very sorry, as well. I probably approved stuff without looking
closely enough back then -- I'll try to look at the code earlier
next time.

It's obvious that I'm a blocker for too many things in Tails these
days (surprise!) -- it took me a while to review e.g. the automated
builds proposal, and how much of your bootstrapping stuff I still have
to review on my plate. Not sure how I/we can improve that on the short
term. Anyway.

> I fully agree on that plan, thanks for coming up with it. Please
> implement it on Redmine and in the blueprint and I'll review.

Done on the blueprint (commit 9e9ffc4), and did most of the Redmine
bits. I have two questions left.

Regarding:

Add second button "Upgrade" below or side-by-side with
"Install" button.

I don't get what this means, nor whether it still makes sense once we
have:

depending on whether the destination device has already Tails
installed or not, dynamically change the label of main action button
to "Install" or "Upgrade"

?

Regarding:

Point to website to download ISO if outside of Tails.

It was part of the non-bonus bits that you proposed initially for
2015, but on #8867#note-2 you wrote "if we have extra time I'd rather
focus on more important bonuses for 2015", so I'm not sure how you
rank it in terms of priority. In short: should it be part of the
top-priority "bonus" bits that were covered in the plan I've proposed,
and that I've moved to sub-tasks of the (new) #9005 parent ticket?
Or instead let floating around like e.g. #8862?