Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #8957 Add paperkey (and more printer…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #8957 Add paperkey (and more printer drivers)
Alexander Mette:
>>> As a first remark, the manpage is not clear about the fact that the
>>> backup of the "secret information" still includes the protecting by its
>>> passphrase. Maybe that should be fixed upstream actually.
>>>
>> I can mention it. I'll just link to
>> http://www.jabberwocky.com/software/paperkey/ that is short but complete.
> I think mentioning it is a good idea, especially as it is a CLI program
> and therefore it is not so easy to discover.
>
>> And yes, the upstream page does spedify the encrypted (or not) key, so I
>> don't think we should re-write its doc.
> The information can also be found in the man page in the "security
> considerations" section, so we should be fine with regard to this.

Right, I admit that I read the manpage too fast. So there's no need to
add this ourselves and I'm fine with the plan on ticket #5316.

Alexander, now that we are pretty much done with this work, do you want
to be pointed other tasks? Tell us more about your skills and we'll
suggest you some ticket numbers :)