Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:56:02AM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> bertagaz wrote (19 Feb 2015 18:15:35 GMT) :
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:32:59PM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
>
> > I like this idea, simple and effective. :)
>
> > So for the base branches, the RM would be the contact point for daily and
> > on push build failure notifications. And for topic branches, that would be
> > the last commiter.
>
> Agreed. It seems that the blueprint doesn't reflect that, though.

Yeah, I think I was confused because we had different conlusions about
this in the two different sub-threads of this discussion that talked about
it.

> It currently reads:
>
> For base branches:
>
> * When failing after a git push, notify the last commit author.
> * When failing after the daily trigger, notify the RM.
>
> I say let's just always the RM to start with.

I'm not sure about that still: if we proceed this way, we're not
implementing the reviewer scenario, because the RM will be notified when a
branch is merged and breaks the build, and not the one who did this merge.

So, shall we ignore this, and assume that having the reviewer building
locally on her hardware is enough, meaning the RM is the contact point for
all build failures on the base branches?

bert.