Re: [Tails-dev] Rewriting the Git repository

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Rewriting the Git repository
intrigeri:
> sajolida wrote (22 Feb 2015 20:12:23 GMT) :
>> What if we need to publish an important workaround for a bug in 1.3?
>
> On the website? As an emergency point-release? Anything else?

I meant on the website. Imagine the Tor Browser confinement breaks
something pretty badly for people using avian carriers and we need to
publish instructions to fix that.

An emergency point release would trigger something much bigger and we
might consider the whole plan maybe. But that won't happen.

> Anyway, good question, and probably it doesn't change much my answer
> below:
>
>> Would "you" (the people locking the repo) be still able to do some
>> emergency commits to it?
>
> I believe that something could be done, yes.

Cool.