Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification
Hi,

bertagaz wrote (19 Feb 2015 21:39:25 GMT) :
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 04:39:22PM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
>> bertagaz wrote (16 Feb 2015 12:03:12 GMT) :
>> > Ack, sounds reasonable. However from what I've seen, it sometimes means a
>> > lot of branches so I wonder if we scaled our infra enough for that, as we
>> > didn't include this branches in our maths since the beginning of the
>> > discussion.
>>
>> This seems like a serious bug in this discussion process. May you
>> please then provide example numbers that match what the proposed
>> algorithm would output, so that we can reason about it?

> I've added to the statistic page the doc branches that have been merged.
> Part of them were not in the output of the script because they often get
> merged in master. It seems to add 4 to 6 branches per release, but their
> development and integration flaw is a bit different.

I've modified my count-merges script locally to take into account
merges into master too, but it didn't catch any more merges.
No surprise, given e.g.:

git log 1.1..1.3-rc1 --merges --pretty=oneline | grep master | grep doc

... returns no such merge. Possibly the doc branches are merged
without --no-ff into master? sajolida, any idea?

> So in the end, I'm not sure they'll add a lot more load, but we have to
> count them in our maths.

Yep. Too bad we can't really do that with good stats.