Re: [Tails-dev] using meek with Tails

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] using meek with Tails
intrigeri wrote (20 Jan 2015 21:26:48 GMT) :
> intrigeri wrote (06 Dec 2014 13:09:07 GMT) :
>>> It's entirely unclear to me which ones we should prioritize.
>>> Assuming we add support for Scramblesuit in Tails 1.3, then what
>>> usecases won't we be supporting, that we could support better with
>>> obfs4 or meek?

>> Since then, this thread has spread itself into various different
>> directions, but I've not seen any answer to this question of mine.
>> Anyone wants to go ask it on tor-talk or somewhere?

Conclusions: we should focus on meek and obfs4, and forget
about scramblesuit.

I'm working on obfs4 support for Tails 1.3 (yeah, this late..), and
tentatively flagged meek support for Tails 1.4. Any taker?

Now, we haven't reached a practically usable conclusion in the
"keeping up with pluggable transports by using TBB's Tor and
tor-launcher" thread, so it's not clear how meek support should
be implemented.