Re: [Tails-dev] Getting rid of Vidalia [Was: What to do abou…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alan
À: tails-dev
Anciens-sujets: [Tails-dev] Getting rid of Vidalia [Was: What to do about I2P in Tails?]
Nouveaux-sujets: [Tails-dev] What do we miss to replace Vidalia [was: Getting rid of Vidalia]
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Getting rid of Vidalia [Was: What to do about I2P in Tails?]
Hi,

On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 17:33:33 +0200
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Jacob Appelbaum wrote (27 Jul 2014 14:24:53 GMT) :
> > Vidalia is unmaintained but it isn't currently a security problem.
> > Long term, we need a different solution for sustainability, of course.
>
> Yes. Once Tor#8641 is implemented [1] in Torbutton, I think that it
> would be enough, for us to drop Vidalia, if tor-arm allowed viewing
> the current mapping of circuits to destination IP:port [2].
>
> Any Python coder looking for a (probably small) project that can make
> a real difference?
>
> [1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8641
> [2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5186

While waiting for a build, I implemented a prototype for that. Please
see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6842#note-4. Stem is great!

Cheers.