Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persi…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sycamoreone
À: tails-l10n
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persistence.de
flapflap:
> sycamoreone:
>> > So, anybody any objections against using "permanenter Datenspeicher" for
>> > now?
> I'd be ok with it but don't like it very much. What we write to the LUKS
> partition is not "permanent" because it can be changed afterwards (as
> opposed to real permanent media like DVD).
>
> What about "nichtflüchtiger Speicher" or "nichtflüchtige Partition"?
> Maybe "nichtflüchtig" is still understandable enough for non-techies.
>
> The German wikipedia article [0] also mentions "persistente[r] Speicher"
> on the "Nichtflüchtiger Datenspeicher" topic.
>
> [0] https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichtfl%C3%BCchtiger_Speicher

I also don't like "permantenter Datenspeicher" very much, but is a
start. I also actively use the words "persistent" and "flüchtig" as
technical terms, but I do now that many other people don't. Maybe we
should actually do some "research" about this and ask some
friends/family etc. what the image when they read these phrases and how
close their ideas are to reality.

One other thing to think about: The persistent volume gets mounted as
~/Persistent also in a German system. If we translate as
"nichtflüchtiger Speicher" people need some additional input to map that
thing to the ~/Persistent folder. Permanent at least is very similar to
Persistent.

--
sycamoreone