[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.3] test/7822-untrusted-partit…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: anonym
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.3] test/7822-untrusted-partitions
Hi,

This branch intends to automate the rest of the tests of untrusted
partitions, i.e. #7822. It also closes #8673 - "Use ruby-guestfs
wherever it's worth it in the automated test suite", at least at my
current understanding of #8671 - "List the usecases we could have for
libguestfs in the automated test suite".

The reason I integrated libguestfs already (the old plan was to wait
until we're based on Debian Jessie, but it works fine in Wheezy) was
that it would make creating "fake" persistence partitions much simpler
and cleaner, and without need to be root for the LUKS encryption part,
i.e. running `cryptsetup` on the host and similar hacks.

The branch also fixes (commit c4aaab5) a bug in the "Tails can boot from
live systems stored on hard drives" anti-test scenario but I've verified
that the fixed anti-test didn't fail, so... phew! :)

The automated test suite passes for the following .feature:s for me,
which are all those touching the persistence and disk/partition
manipulation code this branch changes:

* features/pidgin.feature
* features/evince.feature
* features/totem.feature
* features/untrusted_partitions.feature
* features/usb_install.feature

Please review and merge into devel! See commit e3cb7ce for additional
set up instructions, which amounts to:

    sudo apt-get install ruby-guestfs
    echo "^openrc" | sudo tee -a /usr/lib/guestfs/excludelist
    sudo update-guestfs-appliance

Cheers!