[Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. downl…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. downloads and uploads directories
Hi,

I've been working on sandboxing the Tor Browser in Tails. This work is
due to land into Tails 1.3, whose feature freeze is on February 12.

I need help from you folks.

The kind of sandboxing we're going to use is basically built from
a set of per-file or per-directory allow/deny rules: e.g. the Tor
Browser will only have read and write access to a specific set
of directories.

I've summed up the problem, ideas, solutions and remaining questions
on the blueprint:
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/sandbox_the_web_browser/#ux

Please consider commenting on it in the next few days. Ideally we
should have a good plan by February 3, so I have time to implement it
and get it tested and merged. Sorry for the short notice.

Please Cc me any reply, as I don't read this mailing-list.

Thanks in advance!