[Tails-ux] Greeter: wording

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter: wording
Sajolida,

On 01/27/2015 12:21, sajolida wrote:
> spencerone@???:
>>> I'm also not sure about the feasibility of that idea at all as it
>>> would
>>> probably need to be ported to every existing file browser. So the
>>> first
>>> step for me would be to do a quick feasibility study.
>>
>> File browser?
>
> File manager, sorry. The software that you use to interact graphically
> with files:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_manager

Yes, I just wasn't sure if I understood you correctly. You do certainly
do more with it than just browsing. Thanks for clarifying :)

> Finder in Mac, Nautilus in Tails, etc.

I guess I just don't understand the technical requirements behind
installing TAILS using the installer, vs, dragging a ready to run OS
onto a portable storage media device. Presuming the OS can't be portable
like this [like an application], maybe what I am requesting is having
the installer be external.

You would drag the .iso onto your portable storage media device then,
after restarting your computer, point the boot dialog to the portable
storage media device to run the TAILS installer. If this is technically
possible, I don't see the need to involve host machine OS file managers,
right?

What do you think?

Wordlife,
SpencerOne