[Tails-dev] Slides (and other promotion material) repo?

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Slides (and other promotion material) repo?
Hi,

every time I upload slides to our main Git repo, the checkout grows by
almost a MiB. Not sure how much .git grows. I don't think this
is sustainable.

We're going to rewrite that Git repo's history next month, so now
would be a great time to decide what to do with our
promotion material.

I'm tempted to propose that we move wiki/src/promote/ to a dedicated
Git repo, that would contain both sources and resulting slides (as
currently pushed to our main Git repo), and can grow endlessly without
hurting the rest of our contribution process. Then we could simply
point at the Git web interface (cgit or Redmine, whichever works
better for such things) from contribute/how/promote.

Thoughts?