Re: [Tails-l10n] [discuss](de) Translate "Tor check"

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: flapflap
À: tails-l10n
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] [discuss](de) Translate "Tor check"
(moving to new thread)
(https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/2015-January/001825.html)

u:
> flapflap:
>> spriver:
>>>
>>> I was aware of that, I could not find any better expression for this
>>> term. Does anyone has a better translation? Or should we use "Benutzen
>>> Sie Tor?" from https://check.torproject.org/?lang=de ?
>>
>> Previously my opinion on this was that "Tor check" refers to the name of
>> the "check.torproject.org" service. But I agree that it can be seen as
>> a translatable string.
>>
>> What about: "Tor-Verbindung überprüfen" or maybe just "Verbindung
>> überprüfen" and the onion logo makes clear that Tor is meant?
>
> Hm. I like the idea, but what if the onion logo is changed at some point?
>
> I think in German "Tor Check" is understandable, but only if we know
> what we are talking about. So, it's not easy enough for non-techies.
>
> I like your proposal "Tor-Verbindung überprüfen" or "Tor-Verbindung
> testen" if we need something shorter.

I just tried "Verbindung testen" but it introduces a line break so that
"V" in "Verbindung" overlaps the onion logo. (gets worse when the text
is even longer like "Tor-Verbindung testen")

So, should we just stay with "Tor check", or should we/someone fix the
CSS, or do we have a shorter translation?

~flapflap