[Tails-ux] Greeter: wording

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Betreff: [Tails-ux] Greeter: wording
Hey,

>> On Jan 23, 2015, at 8:52 AM, Alan <alan@???> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You convinced me on this one as well! I created a ticket to change
>>> that
>>> on the mockups:
>>>
>>> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8776
>> I understand the issue with "Start" but I'm very unsure about "Start
>> Tails" as Tails is actually already started technically speaking since
>> computer booted on the Tails DVD/USB/SD Card. What about "Enter Tails"
>> or something like that?

I feel ya. However, 'Enter TAILS' is destroyed by the same logic you
are using to destroy 'Start TAILS', which is quite a reasonable
argument. Maybe, to align with what Ken is saying below, we liken the
situation to a video game. When the experience begins, let's say with
Uniracers on Super Nintendo, an initial setup is required, such as
player and level selection. Then there is a queue to begin playing the
game, though the entire experience does happen within the cartridge
experience, just as with TAILS.

We can also look at it as tuning our car before a race, or maybe, more
accurately, adjusting headlights, seat belts, mirrors, and the like,
which, in some newer cars, can only be done once the ignition is
engaged.