Re: [Tails-l10n] Translate "Tor check"

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Translate "Tor check"
Hi,

flapflap:
> spriver:
>>> Is it on purpose that "Tor check" is left unchanged in the German
>>> translation?
>>
>> I was aware of that, I could not find any better expression for this
>> term. Does anyone has a better translation? Or should we use "Benutzen
>> Sie Tor?" from https://check.torproject.org/?lang=de ?
>
> Previously my opinion on this was that "Tor check" refers to the name of
> the "check.torproject.org" service. But I agree that it can be seen as
> a translatable string.
>
> What about: "Tor-Verbindung überprüfen" or maybe just "Verbindung
> überprüfen" and the onion logo makes clear that Tor is meant?

Hm. I like the idea, but what if the onion logo is changed at some point?

I think in German "Tor Check" is understandable, but only if we know
what we are talking about. So, it's not easy enough for non-techies.

I like your proposal "Tor-Verbindung überprüfen" or "Tor-Verbindung
testen" if we need something shorter.

Cheers!
u.