Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] doc/know_issues

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] doc/know_issues
Hi,

sycamoreone wrote (15 Jan 2015 20:57:45 GMT) :
> Should mention: Enabling UEFI actually did fix the problem.

Thanks! My blury memories of tests done on the X220 months ago seem
to confirm.

> +This problem might be corrected in Tails 1.1 and newer when UEFI boot is used:
> +please report your test results back to us.

I think that "when UEFI boot is used" doesn't make it clear enough
what actual action a user has to take. In another, similar part of the
known issues page, we write:

Legacy support needs to be enabled in order to start Tails.
To enable legacy boot support, enable 'Launch CSM' under boot
(menu).

I think that it's a good enough inspiration source to improve your
proposed working.

Do you want to try it?