Re: [Tails-ux] Decide if we want a dedicated browser for LAN

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: tchou
À: tails-ux
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Decide if we want a dedicated browser for LAN

u:
> (...)
>> > I'll add that the last time I needed to use the local network was to use
>> > Gobby. I don't know when and how it would be possible.
> I have no idea how this would be handled, but we were discussing on
> including the possibility to access LAN as an option to the greeter if I
> am not mistaken.
> This was suggested in this thread:
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2014-December/000148.html
>
> But I think we have not yet discussed it further. What do *you* think?

Seems to be part of the solution, but maybe concerning the "Gobby on
LAN" use case, there a wider thing to think (maybe there is a ticket,
redmine is more or less down now) :
1 - is it possible to run Tails as a s/gobby server on a LAN
2 - is there limitations about the "find a gobby server in the local
network" step for the clients
3 - we could have a pop-up when we lunch Gobby to explain limitations,
workaround and special options to activate (it might be a common new UI
thing of Tails, with other softwares too)

I can I have a look to 1 and 2 if it make sens.

Cheers,
Tchou