Re: [Tails-l10n] [review](de) doc/about/warning page

Author: sycamoreone
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [review](de) doc/about/warning page
sajolida:
>> sycamoreone:

> If you are working on warning.mdwn I think that this part might need to
> be fixed in English in the first place. As one of you said, I think that
> the correct meaning is that "correlation attacks" are used to "confirm
> an hypothesis". And at least Wikipedia doesn't know about "confirmation
> attacks" as such.

The Tor design paper [1] uses the general term "confirmation attacks
("Passive attacks in section 7), but talks about e.g. "End-to-end size
correlation" for the specific attacks. So the term "Confirmation
attacks" isn't out of place here, and also better describes *what* the
attacker is trying to do (instead of *how* he is doing it).

Short: I prefer the "Confirmation attacks" version.

[1] https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/design-paper/tor-design.pdf

--
sycamoreone