Re: [Freepto] [freepto-usb-utils] Set persistence size

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: boyska
À: Everything about freepto
Sujet: Re: [Freepto] [freepto-usb-utils] Set persistence size
On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 03:41:08PM +0100, paskao wrote:
>Some users have some problems when they try to install Freepto on a usb
>hard disk (usually greater then 80GB) or if they need a third NTFS
>partition.

I think that is a tricky case that we should _refuse_ to handle, for
several reasons:
1. freepto strives at simplicity, even at the cost of making one way the
preferred one and the other less supported ones;
2. an unencrypted NTFS partition next to freepto is probably meant to be
accessed from a windows computer. This exposes freepto to evil maid
attacks. You should never keep a freepto connected to a computer,
unless you are running freepto;
3. freepto-live-tray is based on a lot of small CLI helpers. People that
know all this stuff can probably find their way running them.

--
boyska