Re: [Tails-l10n] (Review) [de] mac_spoofing.de.po

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull) [de] mac_spoofing.de.po
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (Review) [de] mac_spoofing.de.po
DP Tor-Contact:
> Hi,
> I just translated:
> wiki/src/doc/first_steps/startup_options/mac_spoofing.de.po in the
> branch "mac_spoof".
>
> My git is: https://github.com/spriver/tails
>
> I hope it is okay that I changed the term "MAC address spoofing" into
> "Verschleiern der MAC-Adresse"

Hi spriver!

thanks for the translation, I only had to make a few modifications.

I cherry-picked your HEAD commit fd2e4adecd408 because your merge commit
4ad3f2fd14eec broke wiki/src/news/version_1.2.de.po by wrongly resolving
a conflict (added lines such as "<<<<<<< HEAD").

I noticed it when merging in master and looking at the changed files:
git checkout spriver/mac_spoof
git branch mac_spoof
git merge master
git diff master..mac_spoof

The cherry-picked and reviewed branch is in my repository
https://gitorious.org/flapflap/tailsxlat.git
branch de-mac_spoof

Commits:
d8a7436 review of spriver's translation
8d8c576 breaking long lines
3df6178 translation

Please review.
(gitk with "Markup words" diff setting might be handy :-)

Here's a list/summary of what I changed:
----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----
"Was ist eine MAC-Adresse?"
1. paragraph
long dash ("—") instead of hyphen ("-")
fix link to wikipedia_de
minor language improvements
fix: MAC identifies device only in a /single/ network ("in lokalen
Netzwerken" -> "im lokalen Netzwerk")

2. paragraph
minor word reordering

3. paragraph
fix typo in "Identifizerung"

4. paragraph, list item
minor word order fixes

5. paragraph, list item
minor word order fixes

"Was ist das Verschleiern der MAC-Adresse?"
0.
changed title, might be a controversal change

1. paragraph
minor fixes
added missing comma

2. paragraph
refactored the inner sentence and "dabei"

"Wann Sie die MAC-Adresse verschleiern sollten"
0.
minor title change: plural -> singular

1. paragraph
minor fixes

3. paragraph
fix apostrophe

"Wann Sie die MAC-Adresse nicht verschleiern sollten"
0.
minor title change

1. paragraph
word fix

2. paragraph
small sub-sentence ordering fix

3. paragraph
"Gegenspieler" sounds to innocent to me; it's intend is not harmless
"spielen", rather an evil/malicious attack. Therefore changed to
"Angreifer".

5. paragraph
minor fix

6. paragraph, bullet point
fix beginning "**" for bold font
minor fixes

7. paragraph, bullet point
minor fixes to sentence structure

8. paragraph, bullet point
minor fixes

9. paragraph, bullet point
minor fixes

"<a id=\"disable\"></a>"
I usually do not translate anchors because one would need to find all
other references to it and change them as well

"Verschleiern der MAC-Adresse deaktivieren"
1. paragraph
minor fix

2. paragraph
simplified wording

3. paragraph
fix for English version of Tails Greeter

"Weitere Erwägungen"
1. paragraph
small fix

2. paragraph
small fix

3. paragraph
small fix

4. paragraph
added negation ("sollte ... nicht beeinflussen")
use German wikipedia_de
small fixes

~flapflap