[Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!

Author: Alan
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!
Hi everybody!

Nearly two month passed since last work on our mockups and unless I
missed something we failed to make progress on the greeter revamp.

I'd really like that we could ship something in one the next major
version of Tails based on the upcoming Debian Jessie.

So I'm tempted to start implementation right now, even tough that's
skipping some steps. I'm thus proposing:

- if there is people actually having time and energy to collect more
feedback, please raise your voice before *january 15th*. If you can't
have the feedback by then but can provide a clear deadline when
you'll get the feedback, no problem. But I don't want to stay in the
vague.

- if there are UI designers reading this list that want to refine
design, awesome! Please raise your voice before *january 15* and
propose a process to move forward together.

- if nothing happens, I'll start drawing something with Glade and
following GNOME 3 human interface guidelines [1] and let you scream en
everything that should change.

Any comment, criticisms, etc. are more than welcome before *january
15*.

Cheers

[1]: https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/