Re: [Tails-dev] reducing the amount of data on our mirrors

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] reducing the amount of data on our mirrors
Jacob Appelbaum wrote (18 Dec 2014 22:12:57 GMT) :
> I'd like to advocate removal from mirrors, if it is useful, but to
> retain the files and signatures on at least one server online.

Indeed, we could simply move "removed" files to the obsolete/
directory on our rsync server, and document to mirror operators that
they should feel free to exclude that directory from their
rsync cronjob. If it gets any more complicated than that, then I'm not
volunteering to design and implement it.