Re: [Tails-project] Donation for Tails development

Author: Gregory Gerrein
To: sajolida
CC: Public mailing list about the Tails project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Donation for Tails development
Hi Sajolida,
Thanks for your quick response. Our idea was to create a platform that
would facilitate donations to open source projects like Tails. The
original idea is we would design a t-shirt (with your approval and design
feedback), and on the back of the shirt would have bitcoin QR donation
codes to your project. It would also additionally have a QR url to a
donation portal we would set up that would allow for other types of
donations (credit card, pay pal). We will be writing an iOS and Android
app that can be used in conjunction with this (all of the code to our apps
and backend platforms will be open sourced). So to answer your questions:

- We would sell and ship the t-shirts online.
- Our original idea was that we would earn money on the t-shirt sales, and
you would earn money via the donations. We can distribute revenue
differently if you think this is not equitable.

In short, this is a new venture, and we are not tied to any ideas too
tightly. We have reached out to only a few platforms so far, and have
gotten buy-in from Counterparty (http://counterparty.io) so far. I
personally feel that Tails and Counterparty are two of the most important
projects going on to date. In the end, we just want to raise money for
projects like Tails, while also selling some t-shirts on our end.
Whichever revenue agreement we come to, I would like it to be transparent
to all communities involved, so no one feels like something inappropriate
or unfair is happening.

Please, feel free to propose anything different than what I have
presented. I'd be more than happy to work on a solution that you feel
works out best for your project and community.

Best regards,
Greg