Re: [Tails-dev] Tails and forensics

Author: Austin Hartzheim
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails and forensics
Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was recently asked to help someone verify a Tails disk. I
> decided to help make a list of hashes and to collect various files
> such as iso files, signatures, signing keys and so on:
>
> https://github.com/ioerror/tails-verifier
>
> At the moment, the project is just a dataset and a small one. I'm
> interested in creating a hash for every file ever released - is
> there an archive of old signature files and .iso files somewhere?

I have kept some old ISO files specifically for cases like this, but I
never got around to doing anything with them.

I noticed that at some files I have are missing from your Git
repository. If you want, I will happily fork the repository and add
the missing signatures/hashdeep output. Also, if you want to attain
these files yourself, I can probably find a way to make them available
assuming you cannot find them elsewhere.

Here is the list of versions I have the ISOs and signatures for:

tails-i386-0.21
tails-i386-0.22.1
tails-i386-0.22.1~rc1
tails-i386-0.22.1~rc1
tails-i386-0.23
tails-i386-1.0.1
tails-i386.1.0-beta
tails-i386-1.0
tails-i386-1.1
tails-i386-1.1.1
tails-i386-1.2
tails-i386-1.2.1

Perhaps I can dig up a few more, but I'm not sure.

Austin