Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.2] bugfix/6538-Tails-Ins…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.2] bugfix/6538-Tails-Installer-tries-to-install-to-too-small-devices
kurono wrote (09 Dec 2014 20:08:28 GMT) :
> I am sending a patch again, since I could not access the repo (It does
> not recognize my public key, maybe its my fault :/).

I think you need to initialize it by pushing something to it once,
before you can fetch from your repo.

> Besides, I am not
> sure about the smallest required size for the USB stick, I wrote a
> kind of arbitrary size:

> +    'min_device_size': 2.8,

Should be enough technically, but then the persistence partition would
be tiny, and I've never heard of media suitable for Tails between
2 and 4 GB (exclusive) => 4 GB should be the lower limit, IMO (take
the interpretation of "GB" that gives the smaller result).

I've therefore marked this ticket as needs more dev. Soon there! :)