Re: [Tails-dev] #5594: tails-greeter: better administration …

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] #5594: tails-greeter: better administration password UI
On 06/12/14 12:33, intrigeri wrote:
>> Given that the semantics of the fields are pretty different in the
>> Greeter compared to in t-p-s, please provide a detailed description of
>> how you think the Greeter should be changed in case you still think it's
>> desirable.
>
> What I had in mind is:
>
>   a. I click "More options"
>   b. I see the more options screen
>   c. I type an admin password
>   d. I type it again in the "Confirm" field
>   e. while I'm typing it, and then while I'm wondering whether I want
>      to select other options, I'm told if I didn't type the same
>      password twice

Yeah this much was pretty obvious; I need details for exactly how e
works. I guess what you want is that whenever one of the password fields
are modified we do something like:

    if len(auth_password) == 0 and len(test_password) == 0:
        self.warning_area_pw_mismatch.hide()
        self.warning_area_pw_match.hide()
    elif auth_password == test_password:
        self.warning_area_pw_mismatch.hide()