Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Windows camouflage for Jessie/GNOME shell
Hi,

Alan wrote (02 Dec 2014 14:24:35 GMT) :
> Do we still want to provide Windows Camouflage? How much energy do we
> want to put in it and who wants to participate?
> [...]
> I'm up for participating to the effort if we collectively think it
> makes sense. However I'm not sure that I want to handle it alone.

My current position is:

  * let's focus on everything else that's on our way towards releasing
    Tails/Jessie
  * let's not consider the possible lack of Windows Camouflage as
    blocking the initial Tails/Jessie release
  * let's specify how Tails/Jessie's Windows Camouflage should look
    like, and put the implementation ideas and pointers we have into
    a blueprint
  * let's make the two first above points clear, e.g. in a blog post
    calling for help and pointing to the blueprint => if volunteers
    show up, then awesome, Alan can give them a hand while focussing
    primarily on other Tails/Jessie -related tasks