Re: [Tails-dev] Reducing attack surface of kernel and tighte…

Author: Jacob Appelbaum
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Reducing attack surface of kernel and tightening firewall/sysctls
On 12/3/14, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi Jake,
>
> Jacob Appelbaum wrote (03 Dec 2014 17:22:30 GMT) :
>> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks a lot for this detailed report! :)

Sure - happy to help. :)

> Were the proposed changes tested in Tails?

I've not tested it - I was hoping that someone might explain how
RELATED was inserted into the rules in the first place. Who reasoned
about it? Does anyone feel that I'm off base?

> If yes, then the next steps are:
>
> 1. filing a ticket about that
> 2. proposing a branch that implements the proposed changes
> 3. building a branch that implements the proposed changes
> 4. running the automated test suite against the resulting ISO
>
> Are you interested in doing any of these?

I'm happy to help once we know the direction. It isn't clear to me
that this is interesting or useful. In general, I'm happy to do all
four once we've had a bit of a discussion. I feel like I need a sanity
check for my previous email. I may be totally offbase or onto a topic
that makes some sense. I'm actually not completely sure.

All the best,
Jake