[Tails-dev] Jessie images outside of feature/jessie

Author: Kill Your TV
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Jessie images outside of feature/jessie

I'm trying to build a Jessie image (to try my hand at
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8262) as I normally do for the
standard Wheezy images. For example, I branched off of feature/jessie:

        git checkout -b kytv/tests

I commited my changes which only touch files under features/. I then
built an image. The image building completed successfully. Booting this
ISO (built from kytv/tests) in KVM leads to the "Oh no! Something had
gone wrong" message. I've tried with both the VMVGA and QXL drivers.
Unlike https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7890, however, I do not see
that screen if I set session-name=gdm-shell. Indeed, after setting the
session-name to gdm-shell I can login with the 'live' user.

I discovered that working images can be built from the
branch feature/jessie, but how do others build jessie images from
/outside/ of the main feature/jessie branch?