Re: [Tails-dev] running unsafe-browser fails from an upgrade…

Author: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] running unsafe-browser fails from an upgraded Tails 1.2
Hi Intrigeri--

On 11/01/2014 04:02 PM, intrigeri wrote:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote (01 Nov 2014 19:11:46 GMT) :
>> I had a Tails stick which i had upgraded successively from at least 1.1
>> to 1.2. I found that after booting 1.2, unsafe-browser no longer works.
>> If i click to launch it, it appears to try to start (the confirmation
>> dialog box showed up), but no browser window ever opens.
>
> Your analysis correctly duplicates the one that was done two weeks ago
> on https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8158. The good news is that
> a fix has been merged into our stable branch, and will be part of
> Tails 1.2.1.

great, thank you! I'm happy to hear that i'm not the only person who
has run into this, and even happier to hear that a fix is in the works.

sorry for the duplicate report.

fwiw, there is a workaround: i resolved the issue by booting a separate
tails image, and then used "Tails Installer" to "clone and upgrade" the
original stick.

    --dkg