Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.2.1] bugfix/8153-set-gnom…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.2.1] bugfix/8153-set-gnome-browser-mime-types
30/10/14 16:34, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> intrigeri wrote (30 Oct 2014 13:01:58 GMT) :
>> anonym wrote (30 Oct 2014 11:56:45 GMT) :
>>> See the ticket [1] for details. Please review'n'merge into stable and devel.
>>> [1] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8153
>
>> The ticket reads "This has been reported to our help desk as affecting
>> Claws Mail, and KeePassX amongst others." -- was the fix tested with
>> at least these apps?
>
> I've tested this branch, once merged into stable.
>
> I typed a URL in GNOME Terminal, right-click -> "Open link", both with
> http:// and https://. I already had a Tor Browser running. In both
> cases, I get a new Tor Browser window, that loads the configured
> homepage, but not the specified URL. That's not really better than the
> behavior in 1.1.2 (where I get some error dialog about "Cannot connect
> to $URL" or a weird failed DNS resolution message).
>
> Same when right-clicking on a https:// URL from Claws Mail, and
> clicking "Open in web browser".
>
> What exact usecases are supposedly fixed by this branch, then?

This is due to a mistake in the .desktop file, which I fixed in commit
f18a23a, but apparently I didn't push the bugfix branch after that
commit it, and I merged origin's version into experimental...

Now commit f18a23a is pushed and also merged into experimental, so this
branch should truly be ready for review. I've tested an experimental
build, and opening links works remotely in both KeePassX and Claws Mail.

Sorry for the inconvenience!