Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.2.1] bugfix/8153-set-gnom…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.2.1] bugfix/8153-set-gnome-browser-mime-types
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (30 Oct 2014 13:01:58 GMT) :
> anonym wrote (30 Oct 2014 11:56:45 GMT) :
>> See the ticket [1] for details. Please review'n'merge into stable and devel.
>> [1] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8153

> The ticket reads "This has been reported to our help desk as affecting
> Claws Mail, and KeePassX amongst others." -- was the fix tested with
> at least these apps?

I've tested this branch, once merged into stable.

I typed a URL in GNOME Terminal, right-click -> "Open link", both with
http:// and https://. I already had a Tor Browser running. In both
cases, I get a new Tor Browser window, that loads the configured
homepage, but not the specified URL. That's not really better than the
behavior in 1.1.2 (where I get some error dialog about "Cannot connect
to $URL" or a weird failed DNS resolution message).

Same when right-clicking on a https:// URL from Claws Mail, and
clicking "Open in web browser".

What exact usecases are supposedly fixed by this branch, then?