Re: [Tails-testers] tor-log and dump of /var/log/syslog

Author: tom joad
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] tor-log and dump of /var/log/syslog
I,

Sorry, I haven't been checking my mail here. Anyway, yes, 1.2 will not connecct at that one site. It works fine on all other that I have come accross. But that one site is an extreme case and one reason I began using Tails in earnest. I believe that the site steals a lot of private info from users. Many folks use the site are fully unaware of the potential hazards. What I have noticed is the site demands fulll access to the unsafe browser to connect. The site doesn't like NOscripts if it locked down to extreme. Lastly, when I connect to router, I am immediately redirected to another router to log on...all very odd. Also it is the only site that uses some odd, unstandard certificate to connect.

Tails 1.1.2 and all before it connected fine. Not Tails 1.2!

The site I use is panera.com and the internet provider is wanderingwifi.com out of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. That is the oddest, most knarly and invasive site I have ever run across. It creeps me out. If I am using Tails, I am ok with it. Otherwise I don't even turn on my computer.

I have a copy of 1.1.2 I can load on a zip drive to connect so I can send you a log or whatever you would like. I will do that tonight and get you a log from it by tomorrow.

TJ

P.S. I just love Tails!