Re: [Tails-ux] Shutdown Problem

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, drb_kd
Betreff: Re: [Tails-ux] Shutdown Problem
Dr B wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have encountered a problem in which TAILS does not shutdown; this
> is even after waiting for more than 9 minutes (I never had TAILS
> shutdown properly).

Yes, this problem is quite common and happens on quite a few computer
models.

See: https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/#index20h2

> As TAILS do not shutdown (for me), I decided to apply "force
> shutdown", but this had made me very anxious, will there be trace
> left in some part of my system's memory?
>
> And also, for additional information, I will include a part of the
> log (at shuttingdown and rebooting), which is seemingly the one
> affecting the shutdown:

This memory wipe only erase the content of the RAM which is very
ephemeral anyway. It would disappear electromagnetically few minutes
after shutting down the device. So you are not leaving long-term traces
on that device when it fails.

See: https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/cold_boot_attacks/

I created a ticket to clarify this in our documentation:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8156

PS: Next time, please send user support requests to
tails-support@??? instead.

--
sajolida