[Intergas] Fwd: A true citizens' initiative

Author: Sandra
To: intergas
Subject: [Intergas] Fwd: A true citizens' initiative

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto:     A true citizens' initiative
Data:     Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:37:06 +0000
Mittente:     Anne Isakowitsch, SumOfUs.org <us@???>
Rispondi-a:     us@???
A:     Sandra Cangemi <sandra.cangemi@???>

SumOfUs

Two massive trade deals could be the biggest corporate power grab in
history. So we're organising a *European Citizens’ Initiative against
TTIP and CETA *with 250 organisations all across Europe.

**This is our chance to stop corporations like Nestlé and Monsanto from
having ever more influence on our governments. Let's join hundreds of
thousands of others calling on the EU to stop TTIP and CETA! Sign now!

*Sign the Petition*
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/6096?t=1&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>

Sandra,

Europe and North America are currently negotiating two trade deals that
could turn out to be *the biggest corporate power grabs in history --
TTIP and CETA*. The treaties read like a *corporate wish-list*: secret
courts that can sue our governments, the removal of environmental and
health regulation and the degradation of working standards.

The big losers of the deals: ordinary people, like you and me.

It's not surprising! So far only corporate lobbyists have had access to
the negotiations: from *Monsanto to Nestlé, corporations are all
scuttling around Brussels to get their agenda into the treaties*.
European citizens have so far been faced with shut doors wherever they turn.

This is about to change.

We have teamed up with *more than 250 partner organisations all across
the European Union to form a self-organised, EU-wide citizens’
initiative against TTIP and CETA*. This is our chance to speak up
against the corporations.

Sign here to add your voice to the self-organised European Citizens'
Initiative against TTIP and CETA.
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/6096?t=2&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>

The initial plan was to collect signatures as part of an official
EU-process, called the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI). Thousands of
SumOfUs members have chipped in to make this happen. But *pandering to
corporate interests*, the EU is refusing to officially recognise the ECI.

But we will not allow them to deny the people of Europe a place at the
negotiating table. We will go ahead with the self-organised European
Citizens' Initiative.

If we get *1 million signatures within weeks of the start of this new
initiative, it will look incredibly embarrassing for the Commission*. It
will be another failed attempt on their part to silence the voices of
the people against TTIP. And we won't stop at 1 million signatures. This
will be the biggest self-organised European Citizens' Initiative ever.

The true beauty of this initiative is its *diversity*. People from
different places, speaking different languages and with different
experiences all unite to stop the biggest corporations from taking
advantage of us. This is your chance to be part of something incredibly
*powerful*.

Add your voice to stand up against TTIP and CETA now!
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/6096?t=3&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>

Thanks for all you do,

Anne, Hannah, and the team at SumOfUs

**********
More information:

Coalition website for the ECI Stop TTIP
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/6097?t=4&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>
Street Demonstrations In 21 European Countries Held To Protest Against
TAFTA/TTIP, <http://act.sumofus.org/go/6098?t=5&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>
Tech Dirt, 15 October 2014
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/6097?t=6&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to
hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new,
sustainable path for our global economy. Please help keep SumOfUs strong
by chipping in $3
<https://action.sumofus.org/a/donate-to-sumofus-wrapper/?t=7&akid=7530.769582.IZh4l4>.