Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regul…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regular Tor Browser
Hi,

also, the current overall state of how we install and configure the
browser at install time is currently spread over these hooks (at
least):

* 10-tbb
* 12-remove_unwanted_browser_searchplugins
* 13-override-tbb-branding
* 14-add_localized_browser_searchplugins
* 14-generate-tor-browser-profile
* 15-symlink-places.sqlite

I see numerous small problems with that, e.g.
14-generate-tor-browser-profile's name is misleading, once you
consider we now have a create_default_profile() function in 10-tbb.
Also, the generate-tor-browser-profile script is only useful at ISO
build time, so it probably shouldn't live in /usr/local/bin/.
I'm pretty sure I would easily find more similar issues if I had
a look at the other hooks.

It would be good to take a step back and see if our current way of
organizing things related to this topic is clear and robust enough.
Maybe as a goal for 2.0, on the grounds that taking care of the
general state of our codebase is definitely something we need to do to
keep it maintainable on the long term?