Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie session localization (#7897)

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alan
À: tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie session localization (#7897)
Hi,

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:31:26 +0200
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> It would be be useful to know exactly what you've tried and tested.
> Otherwise, anyone else who has a look will likely start with
> duplicating all of this work, which would be a shame, and, I have to
> say, not terribly exciting...

Please find clarifications below. The very same text was added to
redmine too.

> E.g. you wrote "I tried to boot tails jessie, comment the line
> modifying .xsessionrc and change org.freedesktop.locale1.Locale with
> gdbus. It's changed but the locale not applied in the session so it's
> not the solution." -- how exactly did you try this?

I set up a root password with @rootpw@ on kernel command line, then
when the greeter was ready I went to a text console, logged in,
changed @.xsessionrc@ and launched @gdbus@ from that text console

> (E.g. .xsessionrc is sourced *before* D-Bus is started, so if you did
> it via this file, it couldn't possibly work.)

This call happens on the *system* bus which is started at this point.

> Also, you wrote "If I understand well it looks for $LANG and other
> variables in /etc/locale.conf but setting this don't work either"; how
> exactly did you try to set this?

I set up a root password and logged in a text console as above but
instead of launching @gdbus@ I edited @locale.conf@.

> The SetLocale method doesn't exist on my system. You really meant
> org.freedesktop.Accounts.User.SetLanguage, right?

Yes.

Cheers