Re: [Tails-dev] On keeping Tails running with the laptop lid…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: exit-1, The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] On keeping Tails running with the laptop lid shut
exit-1 wrote:
> After much searching and failing with systemd, I have just found out how
> to close the laptop lid in a Tails session, without it even cutting the
> network connection, and thought it was worth sharing:
>
> gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
> lid-close-ac-action nothing
>
> Note this is for 'ac' not 'battery'. Perhaps someone can work this
> option into System Settings, in case running a server for example in
> Tails would be an interest. If shutting down in a hurry is a concern,
> one can always just pull out the USB stick :)

Nice finding. I wonder where this piece of information should be kept.
This is pretty specific and won't fit in the FAQ. But as you mentioned,
since that's especially useful for server usage maybe you can add it as
a tip to your documentation about HTTP serving.

But other than this I don't think that we would be ready to set this by
default in Tails, not to differ from the default in GNOME.

Note that this can also be achieved through GUI Applications → System
Tools → dconf Editor. But if we put it in the Advanced topics section,
for once, I would be in favor or giving the command line as it is much
faster :)

PS: Are you subscribed to tails-dev or shall we send you explicit copies
of our answers to your threads?

--
sajolida