Re: [Tails-dev] AppArmor support: status update

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/apparmor (#8004) [Was: AppArmor support: status update]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] AppArmor support: status update
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (23 Sep 2014 04:22:54 GMT) :
> - Confine applications with AppArmor in Tails -- thanks to our
> "upstream first!" way of doing things, we're benefiting from the
> above work done in Debian (almost) for free. On our feature/apparmor
> branch, Tor, Vidalia, Totem, Evince and Pidgin are confined with
> profiles that come straight from Debian, modulo some hacks I had to
> do to support Live systems. Next thing to do: make sure it works
> with persistence too. I'll try hard to have this ready in time for
> Tails 1.2.

I'm still polishing it: writing a bit more automated tests, completing
the design doc, writing the end-user doc. I hope I'll have something
worth reviewing in ~10 hours, but if the RM wants to save some time
for tomorrow, the current state of feature/apparmor can already be
looked at and tested.