Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regul…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Migrating to (something closer to) the regular Tor Browser
Hi,

anonym wrote (02 Oct 2014 22:19:29 GMT) :
>>     Also,
>>     I think we should have at least a manual test about this.

> Done in the branch.

I've seen you added automated tests, congrats. A few comments:

* in the various cmd_regex'es, you'll want to escape some RE special
chars, e.g. "."
* I see all cmd_regex'es are anchored at the end of the line with "$",
except the Tor Launcher one; if there's a good reason for it, please
add a comment; otherwise, please make it consistent :) But oh wait,
isn't the purpose of pgrep's -x option to avoid the need to anchor
regexps with "^" and "$"?
* In "pgrep -U #{user} -fx '#{cmd_regex}'", please use long
option names.
* Regarding "Workaround until the TBB shows the menu bar by default",
please file a ticket so that we don't forget to remove the
workaround in due time.

The rest of the changes look good. Tested neither by hand nor
automatically, though.