Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.2] feature/7725-i2p-browse…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.2] feature/7725-i2p-browser
anonym wrote (26 Sep 2014 16:21:53 GMT) :
> * In this branch you can *completely* remove FoxyProxy (even from the
> Tor Browser, and not install the package and configure it any more)
> since we do not use it for anything any more, and it'd be a nice
> complexity reduction.

Don't we still need it in the Tor browser to allow LAN web browsing?

(I'm unsure what's the current state of improving things in this area,
IIRC our analysis of Jake's FOCI paper was not finished, but I gather
that Jurre will have time to work on it again soonish. I guess we may
want a LAN browser at some point, and then we'll want to refactor the
Tor/I2P/unsafe/LAN browser thing somehow to avoid duplicating too
much code.)