[Tails-testers] Call for help: test our experimental Tails/J…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-testers
CC: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for help: test our experimental Tails/Jessie ISO images
Hi,

we have to make sure that whatever we want to see in Debian Jessie is
in good shape in a month from now. We've been working to have a barely
working Tails ISO based on Jessie, so that you folks can check that
what's in there works fine, and tell us if it doesn't.

So, we need *you* to do some of the work:

1. Download the latest Tails/Jessie experimental ISO from
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-jessie/

2. Boot that ISO in some supported way.

3. Pick some piece of our online documentation, follow it carefully,
and take note of everything that has changed (e.g.
rephrased messages in the interface), or doesn't work.
We're interested both to learn about bits of documentation that
will need to be updated, and in the bugs that you will no doubt
discover while following these steps.

4. Do various other things you expect to work correctly.

5. Optional: if you have a non-Tails Debian testing (Jessie) or sid
system, try to reproduce in there any bug you've found, and take
note of your results.

6. Report any issue you found by replying to this email on tails-dev@.
Please have a look at the Jessie-related tickets first, to avoid
reporting duplicates:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=159