Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-d…

Autore: Kill Your TV
To: tails-dev
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-duplicate-openjdk-jre
On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 08:38:38 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> > Since it has been uploaded to unstable, once it trickles down to
> > jessie (or wheezy-backports)
>
> It has now migrated to testing, but can't be installed as-is on Wheezy
> (at least due to Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), and I didn't look further).
> Do you want to try backporting it, and ask the maintainers if they're
> interested in sponsoring an upload to wheezy-backports?

Sure, I can do that.

> In any case: please consider submitting a branch (forked off
> feature/jessie) that implements this for Tails/Jessie :)

I can do this too.

> > the openjdk-7-jre package can be changed to openjdk-7-jre-headless
> > which should save a bit more space on the ISOs. (OpenJDK7 probably
> > won't be pulled in automatically until Jessie).
>
> Cool. It would be useful to know how much actual ISO size it would
> save, to decide whether the backporting work is worth it.

I'm betting it probably won't be very advantageous (if at all) because
I think that the non-headless dependencies mostly consist of GTK
libs, which we already have installed, but tbh I've not looked into it
_at all_.

--
GPG ID: 0x5BF72F42D0952C5A
Fingerprint: BD12 65FD 4954 C40A EBCB F5D7 5BF7 2F42 D095 2C5A