Re: [Tails-ux] Feedbacks from Fiodor [ was : greeter UX: adv…

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-ux
Asunto: Re: [Tails-ux] Feedbacks from Fiodor [ was : greeter UX: advanced options ]
Hi,

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:46:41 +0200 tchou <tchou@???> wrote:
> sajolida@???:

[...]

> > B. Even when there is a persistent volume, we could have first a
> > button saying "Enable persistence". And if clicked only, have the
> > password field and "read-only" option appear.
>
> I would prefere to remove the toggle button: enabled by default
> (because I think it's the main use case).
>
> - If there is persitence in the usb stick : the field (with
> autofocus). If the user don't want to enable the persistence, he does
> not fill the field.
> - if there is no persistance in the usb stick : nothing.

That could be an option too. Do you think it would be clear enough that
leaving the field empty is the way not to enable persistence.

> And I suggest again to move the "Read only" option elsewhere (in
> advanced options). I don't know anybody using it.

We already dismissed that option because there are real usecases (e.g.
needing to have access to its keyrings but wanting to keep the option
to shutdown Tails by removing the USB stick without loosing data).

> So we would have :
>     Persistence  [More info]
>     [...................................(xx)]

> > C. We could do the same for the localization options:
> >
> >    - If there are no localization options saved, then show the full
> > UI.
> >    - If there are localization options saved, then only show the
> >      summary of there state and a button "Change localization
> > options" to have them appear again.

> > That would be a way of layering that information (if I understand
> > the concept correctly)?

That's already the case in current proposal, see
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/#index3h3

Cheers