Re: [Tails-dev] calendar

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] describing low-hanging fruit sessions [was: Re: calendar]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] calendar
Emma Peel wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:06:51 +0000
> BitingBird <bitingbird@???> wrote:
>

>> The calendar doesn't give the next low-hanging fruits sessions and
>> contributors meetings. Since we decided to have fixed dates, this
>> should maybe be written at the top or the bottom of the page ?
>>
>> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/
>>
>> low-hanging fruits sessions every 12th of the month
>> contributors meetings every third day of the month on #tails-dev at
>> 9pm CEST or CET (7pm or 8pm UTC).
>>
>> Every Tails contributor is welcome to attend.
>> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/meetings/
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> Here a patch for
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/

Hi!

I feel like this duplicates the information that is already on
http://tails.boum.org/contribute/meetings.

I think that the point of the calendar is actually to be a linear
version of dates, without the need to interpret further text (after all
the release schedule is already described in details in
/contribute/release_schedule as well).

So this calendar is actually about duplicating information but
presenting it in a summarized and linear way. And for me your idea
doesn't fit in there.

So I'd rather add a couple of future meetings to the list twice a year
and be done with it. See commit d2cfada.

Regarding low-hanging fruit session, I think that what we are missing is
a page in "Contribute: Collective process" describing the whole thing.

--
sajolida