Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-du…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-duplicate-openjdk-jre
Hi,

Kill Your TV wrote (28 Aug 2014 18:35:50 GMT) :
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:44:03 +0000 (UTC)
> Kill Your TV <killyourtv@???> wrote:

>> The proper fix will be to have the wrapper package additionally allow
>> for the *-headless jre/jdk packages to be used. (My packages also need
>> to be fixed to allow the -headless packages as alternate deps; I'll
>> add that resultant patch to the 'please update the wrapper packages'
>> that I'm going to file with the upstream DD).

> Earlier today[0] I filed the wishlist bug[1] to get the wrapper
> updated, and it's already closed (and getting uploaded to
> unstable).

Congrats! \o/

> Since it has been uploaded to unstable, once it trickles down to jessie
> (or wheezy-backports)

It has now migrated to testing, but can't be installed as-is on Wheezy
(at least due to Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), and I didn't look further).
Do you want to try backporting it, and ask the maintainers if they're
interested in sponsoring an upload to wheezy-backports?

In any case: please consider submitting a branch (forked off
feature/jessie) that implements this for Tails/Jessie :)

> the openjdk-7-jre package can be changed to openjdk-7-jre-headless
> which should save a bit more space on the ISOs. (OpenJDK7 probably
> won't be pulled in automatically until Jessie).

Cool. It would be useful to know how much actual ISO size it would
save, to decide whether the backporting work is worth it.