Re: [Tails-project] Code of Conduct

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Code of Conduct
Hi,

BitingBird wrote (24 Aug 2014 11:00:08 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> BitingBird wrote (13 Aug 2014 15:43:43 GMT) :
>>> and to replace "for the
>>> Tails hackfest" by "This code of conduct applies to all spaces managed
>>> by the Tails project. This includes IRC, the mailing lists, the issue
>>> tracker, the website, events, and any other forums created by the
>>> project team which the community uses for communication."
>>
>> Good. I would remove "created by the project team", as IMO this should
>> also apply to community places that we've not created ourselves, e.g.
>> 3rd-party managed/hosted discussion places.
>>
> Well, if we don't host the place, we can recommand to be nice, but we
> can't assure our users that harassers will be banned.

OK, I think I see what you mean, and I now agree. Still, I don't think
that "created by the project team" conveys this idea clearly enough:
being able to enforce our CoC (or not) in some place is not
necessarily related to who created a forum in the first place, nor to
who is hosting it technically. So, I don't think our wording should be
that specific. If the distinction we want to convey is about who has
actual moderation rights, then I propose let's replace "created" by
"managed". How does it sound?