Re: [Tails-dev] TorBrowser Handling of PDF files

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, putinisoneofthelizardpeople
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TorBrowser Handling of PDF files
Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> On 8/31/14, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
>> putinisoneofthelizardpeople@??? wrote (31 Aug 2014 10:06:06 GMT)
>> :
>>> Please change the method in which TorBrowser handles PDF files. With every
>>> TAILS boot
>>> I have to reconfigure this. Here is my suggested change:
>>
>>> # Edit:
>>> # Preferences:
>>> # Applications:
>>> # Portable Document Format (PDF): Always ask
>>
>> Why?
>
> PDF readers are arbitrary code execution engines. It would be nice to
> click to execute as we do with other complex media formats.

When I open
http://examples.itextpdf.com/results/part3/chapter12/pdf_metadata.pdf,
Tails behaves the same way as TBB. So for me this behavior would have to
be changed upstream in TBB.

Can you make whether this has already been debated for TBB?

Maybe that can be reconsidered once TBB has a security slider:

sajolida